Guiding Families Through Difficult Matters
Issues involving family are complex and emotional. While your family enters a point of transition, there are important decisions to be made and information to sort out. You may not know where to start or how to navigate complicated legal processes.
At Jarrette & Walmsley, LLP, we understand the process of going through a family law matter is difficult. We are devoted to making sure you are well-informed about California family court processes and laws. Our attorneys use in-depth experience, knowledge and a commitment to integrity to achieve the best possible results on your behalf.
Offering A Variety Of Family Law Services
With more than 50 years of combined experience, our lawyers can create personalized strategies that are unique to the needs of your family. We will provide personal attention and offer thorough guidance for a wide range of issues that might impact your family:
- Divorce and legal separation: If you are considering a divorce or legal separation, or if you have been served a petition, you can turn to us for answers to your questions. It is usually in everyone’s best interests to reach an amicable and favorable dissolution agreement; however, we are more than prepared to litigate your matter in court and represent your best interests.
- Child custody and visitation: When a family law matter involves children, it instantly raises the emotional investment of everyone involved. We represent parents in child custody matters related to divorce, modification and enforcement of existing court orders, and paternity. We will strive to protect the best interests and welfare of minor children as we advocate for your parental rights. It is important to gain a full understanding of your parental rights before, during and after your divorce. Our attorneys are highly trained in the area of child custody and will remain by your side every step of the way.
- Child and spousal support: Determining child or spousal support can involve complex calculations. For parents going through a divorce or paternity matter, the security and welfare of their family is usually the primary concern. We can help determine support in a divorce or paternity matter. Our attorneys have vast experience in the areas of spousal support and child support and will do all they can to reach a fair and equitable resolution. We can also assist you in taking action to modify support payments when they are too high or not enough.
- Property division: Dividing property may seem straightforward, but it can be a complicated process. If you are an individual with significant personal and business assets, protecting your financial interests in a divorce will be an important issue. No matter how simple or complex your situation may be, our attorneys can guide you through it. We have the experience and professional resources to safeguard your rights.
- Surrogacy and adoption: We work with prospective parents, surrogates and donors to ensure the family-building process goes smoothly. Our lawyers fight to protect the rights of all parties involved and are at the forefront of reproductive laws. If you are looking to build your family through adoption or surrogacy, we can help.
Here For You And Your Family
Matters involving your family deserve a trusted advocate who truly cares. You don’t have to navigate this tough time alone; contact our office by dialing 805-697-7390. You can also set up a consultation with one of our knowledgeable attorneys by filling out our contact form. With offices in Los Olivos and Santa Barbara, we proudly serve families throughout the surrounding communities.