Divorce is comprised of a number of issues and in the event you have not reached an agreement, the court will make the decision on such issues for you. If the law has been misapplied to your family law matter, our firm offers experience at the appellate level of family law practice. An experienced family law attorney is critical in an appeal because the misapplication of the law can seriously affect your legal rights. Because the appeal process is time-sensitive and involves numerous deadlines, we make every effort to ensure that you are aware of your appellate rights. Our experience and dedication to family law can help you navigate the appeals process and assist you in analyzing your appellate options.
Jarrette & Walmsley, LLP Cases
Jarrette & Walmsley, LLP has successfully handled a large numbers of appeals including some important cases which continue to be cited by the legal community including:
California Supreme Court Cases:
- Adoption of Alexander S., (1987) 188 Cal.App. 3d 967,
- Adoption of Kelsey S., (1992) 1 Cal.4th 816, (Representation of Respondent).
- Anna J. v. Mark C., (1993) 5 Cal. 4th 84
- Adoption of Michael H., (1995) 10 Cal.4th 1043, (Attorneys for Amicus Curie, The Academy of California Adoption Attorneys).
- Kristine H. v. Lisa R. Supra 37 Cal.4th 156, 117 P.3d 690, pp. 693-696, 33 Cal.Rptr.3d 81. (Attorney for Amicus Curie)
- In re Charlotte D., Appeal No. B183788 (Pending as of 1/22/08) (Attorneys for Amicus Curie, The Academy of California Adoption Attorneys).
Court of Appeal Cases:
- Jermstad v. McNelis, (1989) 210 Cal. App. 3d 538, (Representation of Appellant).
- Baby Boy M., (1990) 221 Cal.App. 3d 475, (Representation of Respondent).
- Adoption of Kelsey S., (1990) 218 Cal.App. 3d 130 (Representation of Respondent). (California Supreme Court review granted).[Reversed by Cal. Supreme Ct. 1992 -- see below, *)
- In re Jason L., (1990) 222 Cal.App. 3d 1206
- In re Timothy W., (1990) 223 Cal.App. 3d 437
- In re Baby Girl A., (1991) 230 Cal.App. 3d 1611
- Anna J. v. Mark C., (1991) 234 Cal.App. 3d 1557**
- In re Michael D., (1996) 51 Cal.App.4th 1074.
- Adoption of Haley A., (1997) (Petition for review (S057197 [Attorney for Amicus Curie The Academy of California Adoption Attorneys]).
- Buzzanca v. Buzzanca, (1998) 61 Cal.App.4th 1410.
- In re Harry N. (2001) 93 Cal.App. 4th 1378
- In re Adoption of Arthur M. (2007) 149 Cal.App.4th 704
- In re Marriage of Hartmann (2010) 185 Cal.App.4th 1247, 111 Cal.Rptr.3d 242
"The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." ~ Socrates
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 552, Los Olivos, CA 93441 | Telephone: (805) 697-7390 | Facsimile: (805) 697-7410